Psychologist (PhD, PsyD, EdD)
LAMOUR Community Health Institute and LBD Counseling and Consulting Clinic was developed to provide an essential link between the community, the health care and human services system. Our counselors and staff are multicultural providers that speak and understand the cultural needs of the community. Our specialty is using a blend of Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) integrated into our behavioral health program services that meet the needs of children, adolescents, families and adults.
We are a Multi Services Community Based Agency that is committed to advocating and providing community based, culturally-competent, and comprehensive programming services. We have a responsibility to the communities we serve and to the staff we employ to help them develop their potential.
Serving Randolph, Boston & Southeast surrounding cities; main office Randolph, MA 02368. Will travel to work at school and within the community.
- Must have a Doctoral Degree and current professional licensure in the State of MA with 3 years of clinical experience.
- Must be familiar with diagnosis and evaluation of Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD, and other neurodevelopmental disorders, as well as behavioral and psychiatric disorders, utilizing DSM-5.
- Much have testing and assessment experience
- Must understand medical necessities and be able to diagnose and assess.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and strong organizational skills
- Must have experience working with children and adults with serious mental illness and emotional disturbance.
- Experience supervising clinical staff and interns a plus.
- Should be able to work independently
Must be Cultural and Linguistic competence, bilingual a plus; Haitian Creole, Portuguese Creole, Spanish, Chinese or Vietnamese.
POSITION OVERVIEW & RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is a combination of clinical and macro duties; this position will assist in planning, overseeing and managing the daily clinic operations and staff which also includes:
- Provides ongoing supervisory duties of staff and interns
- Implements programmatic provisions of ongoing behavioral health
- Conducts psychological and neuropsychological evaluations to assess intellectual, social and emotional functioning
- Attends required professional meetings outside of clinic, including team reviews regarding patient care
- Utilizes pre-approved criteria and guidelines for validation of continued stay and appropriateness of treatment and discharge planning
- Maintains quality care while effectively utilizing testing resources
- Acts in conjunction with the clinical team related to discharge planning special program care
- Carries a small case load as needed
KEY SKILLS & BEHAVIOR
- Experience in assessment of neurodevelopmental disorders, particularly Autism Spectrum Disorder and ADHD;
- Appreciation of cultural diversity and sensitivity towards target population;
- Ability to provide services that deal with the individual’s broad spectrum of needs;
- Ability to provide services in an environment that involves multiple health care systems;
- Must have clinical and psychiatric expertise;
- Must have cultural and linguistic competence;
- Must be able to understand medical necessity for level of care and diagnosing;
- Must be able to work effectively with patients and families of all ages and cultural backgrounds, requirements, community resources, support groups, and outside agencies for counseling.
- Bilingual skills are preferred; French Creole, Spanish or Vietnamese.
Supervisors for LAMOUR BY DESIGN, INC. must have the following minimum qualifications & Education:
- Doctoral degree in psychology (PhD, PsyD, EdD) from an accredited college or university and certification as a Health Service Provider (HSP) by the Board of Registration of Psychology in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Current, valid, and unrestricted license to practice psychology in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Practitioners who are completing postdoctoral training hours required for licensure as a psychologist may practice in a clinic setting for up to 36 months while accruing those postdoctoral training hours before attaining licensure.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Contracted per evaluation and fee for services
- Depending on licensure and experience
- Must have flexible schedule 8:00am to 7:30pm as some evenings and weekends
- Email cover letter and resume to HR@lamourgroup.org
- Please see our website at http://lamourgroup.org/