Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Advanced Practice Registered Nurse / Clinical Nurse Specialist
LAMOUR Community Health Institute and LBD Counseling and Consulting Clinic was developed to provide an essential link between the community, the health care and human services system. Our counselors and staff are multicultural providers that speak and understand the cultural needs of the community. Our specialty is using a blend of Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) integrated into our behavioral health program services that meet the needs of children, adolescents, families and adults.
We are a Multi Services Community Based Agency that is committed to advocating and providing community based, culturally-competent, and comprehensive programming services. We have a responsibility to the communities we serve and to the staff we employ to help them develop their potential.
Serving Randolph, Boston & Southeast surrounding cities; main office Randolph, MA 02368. Will travel to work at patient homes, school and within the community. JOB
Maintains quality care effectively utilizing Outpatient and Adult Day Health Prescribing psychotropic medications, psychiatric evaluations, medication management and medical monitoring of Children / Adolescences, Adults, Geriatric populations
Must have a Master’s degree in psychiatric nursing, current Commonwealth of Massachusetts license as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) who has current authorization by the Board to engage in advanced practice nursing activities, including prescriptive practice for Complex medication management and monitoring of psychotropic medications, and ability to perform comprehensive behavioral health assessments and treatment plans.
- Adult –Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Or
- Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (Children or Family)
- Adult Psychiatric–Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Preferred a minimum of 3 years experience as a psychiatric nurse clinician
- Active Federal DEA and Massachusetts MCSR certificates Minimum of one to three years of postgraduate experience, with one year of experience in an outpatient mental health setting preferred.
- Plus 5 years experience supervising clinically, administratively staff and interns and working with children and adults
Must be Cultural and Linguistic competence, bilingual a plus; Haitian Creole, Portuguese Creole, Spanish, Chinese or Vietnamese.
Provides Behavioral Health: Children / Adolescences , Adults, Geriatric The Nurse Practitioner must be comfortable working with the all age-ranges and have a desire and/or experience with diverse populations a plus.
- Outpatient psychiatric evaluations & Adult Day Health
- Prescribing psychotropic medications
- Medication management
- Medical monitoring
- Review and implement treatment plans
- Consult with other medical practitioners
- Utilizes pre-approved criteria and guidelines for validation of continued treatment and appropriateness of treatment and discharge planning
- Documentation Abilities – Documents and reports clearly and concisely daily. Records appropriate information pertaining to patient histories and physicals and physician orders. Completes all medical record documentation in a timely manner. Possesses appropriate knowledge of hospital forms. Writes legibly with appropriate use of abbreviations.
KEY SKILLS & BEHAVIOR
- Experience in outpatient
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Strong clinical decision making skills;
- Cultural and Linguistic Competence and appreciation of cultural diversity and sensitivity towards target population;
- Ability to provide services that deal with the individual’s broad spectrum of needs;
- Ability to provide services in an environment that involves multiple health care systems;
- Must have Clinical and Psychiatric Expertise with complex medication management and monitoring of psychotropic medications
- Must be able to work effectively with patients and families of all ages and cultural backgrounds.
- Bilingual skills are preferred; French Creole, Spanish or Vietnamese.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- $50 to $65 Contracted per evaluation and fee for services
- Depending on licensure and experience
- Must have flexible schedule 8:00am to 7:30pm as some evenings and weekends
- Email cover letter and resume to HR@lamourgroup.org
- Please see our website at http://lamourgroup.org/