Licensed Applied Behavior Analyst
LAMOUR Community Health Institute and LBD Counseling and Consulting Clinic was developed to provide an essential link between the community, the health care and human services system. Our counselors and staff are multicultural providers that speak and understand the cultural needs of the community. Our specialty is using a blend of Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) integrated into our behavioral health program services that meet the needs of children, adolescents, families and adults.
We are a Multi Services Community Based Agency that is committed to advocating and providing community based, culturally-competent, and comprehensive programming services. We have a responsibility to the communities we serve and to the staff we employ to help them develop their potential.
Serving Randolph, Boston & Southeast surrounding cities; main office Randolph, MA 02368. Will travel to work at office, patient homes, school and within the community.
Licensed Applied Behavior Analyst provides systematic behavioral assessments, functional analysis, and provides behavior analytic interpretations of the results, if severe behavior is present, functional analysis for safe testing in a controlled environment to services patient with Autism Spectrum Disorder (DSM 5) or an Autistic Disorder/Asperger’s Disorder/PDD, NOS and provides adequate supervision to all paraprofessional staff and/or interns Behavior Technicians. This is performed in accordance with outpatient mental health clinic program.
Candidate must have a Masters in Applied Behavioral Analysis, Counseling, Psychology, Social Work or Education with a concentration in Counseling or Doctorate degree in related field ; must have 2 years or more working with children and families or with mentally illness populations / individuals with disabilities and or Autistic Disorder/Asperger’s, urban youth and crisis management. Licensed by the Board of Registration of Allied Mental Health and Human Services Professions as an Applied Behavior Analyst and may be a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA).
Must be Cultural and Linguistic competence, bilingual a plus; Haitian Creole, Portuguese Creole, Spanish, Chinese or Vietnamese.
POSITION OVERVIEW AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Ensures all agency policies and procedures are met by
- Provide parent training in home and onsite support in the area of applied behavior analysis
- Conduct direct observations and assessments of individual to develop and implement behavior programs, coordinating delivery of appropriate services to clients by interventions to achieve therapeutic outcomes.
- Develops parent/guardian/caregiver treatment goals and modeling for the parent/guardian/caregiver on how to implement strategies identified in the behavior management plan by parent training.
- Works closely with Behavior Technician/Paraprofessional to ensure the treatment plans, risk management/safety plan are implemented as developed and necessary adjustments to the plans.
- Collect baseline and intervention data to evaluate outcomes, targets specific behaviors (including frequency, rate, symptom intensity, and duration) incorporates objective baseline and quantifiable progress measures. Treatment plans are individualized with objectives that are measurable, tailored to the individual; interventions emphasize the elimination of risk-related behaviors, skill and focus on the development of spontaneous social communication, adaptive skills, and appropriate behaviors.
- Completes all documentation needed and develops a clearly defined interventions and measurable goals and outcomes that are consistent in accordance to policy that meets the professional standards
- Collects in and records data in patients’ record and audits paraprofessional staff and/or interns.
- Conducts and ensures adequate supervision to all paraprofessional staff and/or interns.
- Conducts review with managed care insurance to obtain authorization for services.
- Participate in interdisciplinary and/or care review meetings for plan of care.
- Provides training in a clinically appropriate manner and focused on the patient’s behavioral and functional outcomes as described in the treatment and discharge plans with the concerns and goals identified by the referring provider and family.
- Documented activities with data collection, coordination of care with all data including, other behavioral professional, school/ educational professional and state agencies (If coordination is not successful, the reasons are documented and efforts to continue coordinate care).
- Demonstrates effective time management, organizational skills through timely submission of documentation and infrequent overtime for routine assignments.
- Perform other professional and administrative support duties related to the specific program.
- Demonstrates sound judgment, critical thinking and decision making.
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must maintain clean CORI AND SORI
- Understands and adheres to all policies and procedures.
KEY SKILLS & BEHAVIOR
- Strong analytical skills and interpersonal skills willing to work directly with patients and clients
- Ability to communicate effectively within a variety of situations and diverse populations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Contracted $50- $70 Per hour
- Must have flexible schedule 8:00am to 7:30pm as some evenings and weekends
- Email cover letter and resume to HR@lamourgroup.org
- Please see our website at http://lamourgroup.org/
*Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and travel locally (as required by Plan).