LAMOUR Community Health Institute (LCHI)
LAMOUR Clinic (a separate for profit entity from LCHI) is a Community Mental Health Clinic that specializes in community based Dialectical Behavior Therapy’s (DBT) services and integrated mental health services that meet the needs of children, adolescents, families and adults.
LCHI was developed to provide an essential link between the community, the health care and human services system.
To serve as an agent of positive change by educating, counseling, coaching, and consulting services that offer life-altering, holistic multicultural perspectives on the attainment of success to individuals and communities alike.
We encourage clients to fully utilize the strengths and resources that are in their lives as well building connection to new resources. We employ multiple perspectives, thereby allowing us to tailor specifically toward each client and there community. We are non-traditional providers. We meet our client where they are that and assume the roles of Teacher, Role Models, Coach and Counselor, Researchers until clients can become empowered to assume tenets of such roles on their own.
LAMOUR Community Health Institute is believes that we are multicultural community, which values diversity in all its forms. We have a responsibility to the communities we serve and to the staff we employ to help them develop their potential.
The following principles are the guideline from which we operate:
- We provide a work and therapeutic environment which treats all with dignity and respect.
- We embrace diversity as an essential component in the way we conduct both internal and external business.
- We contribute positively and ethically to the communities and clients we serve.
- We develop interventions that are innovative and flexible so that the goals of clients, in their communities are met.
- We diligently work to recognize and define the challenges facing our clients, so that we may develop and utilize responsible, solution-focused, strength-based interventions.
- We have a responsibility to our clients to measure and monitor progress of their goals, to continually ensure that our services are being effective and efficient.
Patrice Lamour, Founder and C.E.O.
Ms. Lamour has helped in developing and running several programs within the Boston community that focus on mental health, youth development, substance abuse and public health, as well as in education, adult and juvenile justice systems. In focusing on the well being of her clients, she has seen that holistic approaches are paramount. During her career, she has seen that clients who allow treatment methods to take their whole lives into perspective remain happier and more fulfilled at the conclusion of therapy. Such clients are better at balancing the multiple parts of their lives, and also at understanding how those multiple parts affect one another.
As a therapist of Haitian decent, Ms. Lamour has come to embrace and champion the importance of acknowledging the necessity of utilizing a multicultural perspective, cultural competent skills within a holistic approach that aims to discover each client’s personal path to achieving lasting results. Enhancing lives by developing the mind, body and spirit of each client through clinical insight into maintaining healthy relationships, coping skills within a health environment is the concept by which LBD and LCHI was based.