In-Home Therapy & School Clinician
LAMOUR Community Health Institute and LBD Counseling and Consulting Clinic was developed to provide an essential link between the community, the health care and human services system. Our counselors and staff are multicultural providers that speak and understand the cultural needs of the community. Our specialty is using a blend of Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) integrated into our behavioral health program services that meet the needs of children, adolescents, families and adults.
We are a Multi Services Community Based Agency that is committed to advocating and providing community based, culturally-competent, and comprehensive programming services to youth and families, and adults. We have a responsibility to the communities we serve and to the staff we employ to help them develop their potential.
Serving Randolph, Boston & Southeast surrounding cities; main office Randolph, MA 02368. Will travel to work at patient homes, school and within the community.
This position requires Masters Level In-home therapy clinician to provide individual and individual counseling to adults, children their families and provide other family members with therapeutic support if needed within their homes or community. Conducts intensive evaluation of needs via developing comprehensive assessment, CANS, crisis tool and crisis management skill, treatment plans and aftercare planning. This also includes care coordination, case management, skill building using Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) (parent, communication skills for both youth and their family) advocacy, navigating system and attending care plan meeting on behalf of youth and families. The In home therapy clinician works as part of a multidisciplinary team with a paraprofessional staff on treatment interventions.
Candidate must have a Master’s Degree in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work or Education with a concentration in Counseling or Doctorate degree in related field; must have 2 years or more experience working with children and families or with mentally ill populations / individuals with disabilities and or Autistic Disorder/Asperser’s, urban youth and crisis management.
Must be culturally and linguistically competence, bilingual a plus; Haitian Creole, Portuguese Creole, Spanish, Chinese or Vietnamese.
Working under the clinical supervisor and program director, provides intensive family counseling to children/adolescents and their families within their communities.
Must understand medical necessity and be able to diagnose and assess all needs
- Maintain daily records via input patient information in assessments, CANS, treatment plans, Risk management/safety planning, progress notes and billing.
- Utilize comprehensive, home-based behavioral health assessment inclusive with fidelity in regards to progress notes, treatment plans and assessments, and discharge plans
- Identification of community resources and development of natural support options for youth and parent/guardian/caregiver;
- Attends meeting with providers (e.g., attendance at IEP meetings, hospital discharge meetings, Care Planning Team (CPT) meetings.
- Collaboration with care coordinator (for youth enrolled in ICC services) and/or other behavioral health service providers;
- Coaching in support of decision-making in both crisis and non-crisis situations
- Provide skills training for youth and parent/guardian/caregiver;
- Engages clients in treatment using non-traditional methods (understand collaborative treatment of traumatized children and teens, multisystem therapy, or wrap around services);
- Ability to communicate effectively in a community based environment
- Must be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for consultation on an as needed basis.
- Current valid US-issued driver’s license and ability to provide registered and insured automobile for work-related purposes;
- Must have a home office (computer, fax machine, email address and cell phone)
- Some weekend and evening work will be required, but schedule is flexible based on clients meeting needs;
- Pass CORI & SORI;
KEY SKILLS & BEHAVIOR
- Strong writing, comprehension, analytical and interpersonal skills, willingness to work directly with patients
- Ability to communicate effectively within a variety of situations and with diverse populations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
SALARY & BENEFITS
- $20 to $30 per hour Contracted and fee for services
- Depending on licensure and experience
- Must have flexible schedule 8:00am to 7:30pm as some evenings and weekends are required
- Email cover letter and resume to HR@lamourgroup.org
*Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and travel locally (as required by Plan).