Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) Behavioral Technician
LAMOUR Community Health Institute and LBD Counseling and Consulting Clinic was developed to provide an essential link between the community, the health care and human services system. Our counselors and staff are multicultural providers that speak and understand the cultural needs of the community. Our specialty is using a blend of Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) integrated into our behavioral health program services that meet the needs of children, adolescents, families and adults.
We are a Multi Services Community Based Agency that is committed to advocating and providing community based, culturally-competent, and comprehensive programming services. We have a responsibility to the communities we serve and to the staff we employ to help them develop their potential.
Serving Randolph, Boston & Southeast surrounding cities; main office Randolph, MA 02368. Will travel to work at patient homes, school and within the community.
A Behavior Technician provides 1:1 behavioral intervention services to patient with Autism Spectrum Disorder (DSM 5) or an Autistic Disorder/Asperger’s Disorder/PDD, NOS. Behavior Technicians are responsible for implementing Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) based programs as directed by Licensed Applied Behavior Analyst/ Board Certified Behavior Analyst Supervisor. This is performed in accordance with outpatient mental health clinic program.
Preferred candidate having a bachelor’s degree in a human services field from an accredited institution and one (1) year of relevant experience working with families and youth. Candidates with no bachelor degree must have the following:
- High School Diploma
- Board Certified Registered Behavioral Technician (RBT)
- Two (2) years experience preferred
- CRI certification.
Must be Cultural and Linguistic competence, bilingual a plus; Haitian Creole, Portuguese Creole, Spanish, Chinese or Vietnamese.
- Reports to the Licensed Applied Behavior Analyst/ Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) Supervisor and other supervisors.
- Completes a BCBA Supervisor approved RBT course and keeps registration to the BACB current.
- Assists the BCBA /Supervisor in implementing behavioral programming in a 1:1 setting.
- Monitors patient’s progress on implementation of the goals of the treatment plan developed by the BCBA /Supervisor.
- Provide direct client care in 1:1 and group settings utilizing a combination of intensive teaching and natural environment training arrangements.
- Collects data, conducts assessments (e.g., stimulus preference assessments) and writes progress notes on each patient intervention within program professional standards.
- With the BCBA, instructs patients and family/significant others in home programs and protocols.
- Provides coaching, support, and guidance to the patient’s parent/guardian/caregiver in implementing treatment plan.
- Directly implements skill-acquisition and behavior-reduction plans developed by BCBA /Supervisor
- Attends all supervision meetings, in-service and care conferences programs as assigned.
- Instructs patient’s parent/guardian/caregiver in program with BCBA /Supervisor.
- Observes confidentiality and safeguards on all patient related information.
- Reports to the BCBA Supervisor if the patient is not achieving the goals and objectives set forth in the treatment plan.
- Immediately reports to BCBA Supervisor any patient incidents/variances or complaints.
- Adheres to Agency standards and consistently interprets and accurately performs all assigned responsibilities.
- Reports all incomplete work assignments to BCBA Supervisor.
- Demonstrates effective time management, organizational skills through timely submission of documentation and infrequent overtime for routine assignments.
- Demonstrates sound judgment, critical thinking and decision making.
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must maintain clean CORI AND SORI
- Understands and adheres to all policies and procedures.
KEY SKILLS & BEHAVIOR:
- Strong analytical skills and interpersonal skills willing to work directly with patients and clients
- Ability to communicate effectively within a variety of situations and diverse populations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent time management skills
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- Contracted $18-26 per hour
- Must have flexible schedule 8:00am to 7:30pm as some evenings and weekends
Email cover letter and resume to HR@lamourgroup.org
Please see our website at http://lamourgroup.org/